Common cures for Acid Reflux, Heartburn or GERD
On this page you will find the common cures or suggestions to help acid reflux. This is what your doctor, specialist (gastroenterologist), or many websites will tell you.
Avoid these things:
- Avoid foods that cause you distress
- Carbonated beverages
- Coffee and teas
- Citrus fruits and juices
- Spicy foods
- Processed meats
- Mint products
- Fried foods
- Fatty foods
- Don’t eat big meals, instead eat several smaller meals to avoid distending the stomach.
- Avoid drinking large quantities of water during a meal.
- Don’t eat within 2 or 3 hours before bedtime.
- Sleep propped up on pillows or raise the head of your bed 6 inches.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing; avoid tightness around the waist.
- Bend at the knees instead of the waist.
- Try chewing gum after eating.
- Take over the counter antacids.
- Take OTC or prescription drugs (PPI’s or H2 Blockers).